Saturday 15 December 2012

Revlon Colorstay One-Stroke Defining Liner


I was recently on the hunt for a dark brown eyeliner, I wanted something less harsh than my usual blackest of black liners. Unfortunately, my favourite brand of long-wear eyeliner, the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil liner, is not easily available in Hong Kong and I tried a lot of high-end brands that just didn't seem to have the smudge-proof factor that I was looking for. So I was in Sasa one day and decided to check out the Revlon section where I found the perfect dark brown. I swatched it, allowed it to dry and then gave it a good rub... hardly budged! Colour me impressed!

I've been wearing the Dark Brown colour quite frequently since I bought it and I must say that this is one of the best liners I've ever used! I use it on my tight-line and on my lower lash line (with the lower lash line, I set it with a powder just as an extra measure). The liner seriously stays on ALL DAY!! Hardly any smudging! I was so impressed, I recently picked up another one in Blackest Black.

The consistency of these liners are very similar to the Urban Decay and Milani formulas - very creamy and once allowed to dry, it hardly budges.

Revlon Colorstay One-Stroke Defining Liner in (from left to right): Dark Brown and Blackest Black
(*Apologies for the chunk of Dark Brown swatch...)

Here's a comparison of the Revlon Colorstay One-Stroke Defining Liners with my other favourite eyeliners:


1. Revlon Colorstay One-Stroke Defining Liner in Dark Brown
2. Revlon Colorstay One-Stroke Defining Liner in Blackest Black
3. Milani Liquif'eye in Black
4. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Zero
5. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Perversion


All in all, I'm so happy I found a cheaper alternative to my favourite UD liner (although the Revlon ones only come in two colours I believe), that means I can use my UD liner less frequently and save it since I can't get UD products in HK. If you can find the Revlon Colorstay One-Stroke Defining Liner, I highly recommend trying it because it's truly an amazing drugstore eyeliner.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig