Friday 23 March 2012

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick- Pink Punch & Velvet Beige


Woop! Another Maybelline post, 2 days in a row! Boots and Superdrug are currently having a 3 for 2 offer, so with my recent purchase of the Maybelline 24HR Color Tattoo in 40-Permanent Taupe (which I blogged about yesterday: Link), I also bought 2 Color Sensational Lipsticks in Pink Punch and Velvet Beige. Continue reading for swatches and reviews.

L-R: Pink Punch and Velvet Beige

Color Sensational Lipsticks are one of my favourite drugstore lipsticks - very pigmented, cream, lovely range of colours and doesn't dry out your lips. However, because they are not matte finishes, they do tend to bleed just a tiny bit and transfer very easily. You will need a lip liner and maybe set it with some blotting powder and tissue.

Pink Punch #175 (L) - Vibrant fuchsia pink with cool blue undertones. Perfect for a bold Spring look. I've been looking for a matte version of this same colour but haven't come across anything, so if any of you lovely readers know of any good recommendations... do let me know! :)

Velvet Beige #630 (R) - A nude beige with pink/brown undertones. It's darker than most nudes I own but a really good every day colour, doesn't give your that 'dead look'.

Time for swatches:

L-R: Pink Punch and Velvet Beige

Pink Punch

Velvet Beige
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Wow! Great colour choices! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! it's so opaque! Loving the pigmentation

    a-la-foliee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was actually quite disappointed with the maybelline colour sensational range. The only colour I have is born with it and I was not impressed! the pigmentation looks so much better on the 2 shades you have though, maybe I won't be so quick to dismiss this line

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the Maybelline Colour Sensational lipsticks I own are more on the pigmented side, so I haven't had a problem with pigmentation. Definitely give some other ones a try :)
      I haven't seen Born With It, will check it out and see the consistency xx

      Delete

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig