Saturday 3 March 2012

Soap & Glory: A Great Kisser Lip Balm

Soap & Glory: A Great Kiss from left to right: Sweet Coconut, Juicy Peach and Chocolate Cherry

Soap & Glory recently released A Great Kisser Lip Balm which comes in 3 lovely scents: 
Sweet Coconut, Juicy Peach and Chocolate Cherry. 

These tinned lip balms contain mango butter (which helps to moisturise), lingonberry oil (prevents water loss), pomegranate extract (provides dewiness) and apricot butter (protects your lips from the weather) - all the TLC your lips need!

Continue reading for my thoughts on these little babies :)


I've always loved Soap & Glory products, one of the most eye-catching brands out there (mostly in Boots), smell amazing and most products I've tried so far haven't disappointed. I'm glad they've expanded their cosmetics range as well, I've yet to try most of them - so any recommendations? As with all Soap & Glory products, these also have the cute retro vintage design and I absolutely adore the packaging - very eye catching! Although I'm not a huge fan of tinned lip balms, just because it's not the most hygienic thing having to constantly swirl your finger in the product and then put it on your lips, but I can overcome that factor. 

On first application, these lip balms do feel a bit sticky to me compared to other lip balms but then once it settles in you can really feel it moisturising your lips like no one's business! The consistency reminds me of a lip gloss but not as sticky. Soap & Glory aptly describes A Great Kisser Lip Balm as:

"
Our melt-on-your-mouth conditioning mix may just be the best lip balm ever built (it's not too waxy, not too slippery, not too greasy, not too sticky. In fact, it's just right)."

I completely agree with the above but you have to try it for yourself. I've used my fair share of lip balms from Vaseline, Carmex, Bliss, Nivea, etc - I've tried A LOT. Carmex (in Strawberry) is my Holy Grail but I'm telling you, Soap & Glory may take its place soon! 

Sweet Coconut

Sweet Coconut: Goes on clear with a hint of shimmer. I love anything coconut-scented so this was a sure win and the shimmer isn't too overpowering either which is good.

Juicy Peach

Juicy Peach: Gives your lips a slight coral tint, although tint doesn't last long. Smells lovely!

Chocolate Cherry

Chocolate Cherry: Gives your lips a pink tint. Out of the three, this particular scent appeals to me the least; it's still lovely though, kinda reminds me of Starbucks' Cherry Mocha. However, out of the three, I like the tint that this gives my lips the most but like the above, the tint doesn't last that long.

Available in Boots for £5. It is pricey (for 18g) but in my opinion it's a very moisturising lip balm and I would definitely repurchase.

Find out more on: http://www.soapandglory.com/

What's  your Holy Grail lip balm?

SHARE:

1 comment

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig