Thursday 29 March 2012

Topshop Lips in Rio Rio and Mischief

Topshop Lips in Rio Rio and Mischief

Recently decided to try some Topshop lipsticks out after hearing a few people rave about them. I picked up Rio Rio and Mischief and I'm liking them a lot! Continue reading for swatches and my thoughts :)

The two colours I picked up are very similar at first glance but on closer look they have different undertones and slightly different finishes. 

Rio Rio is a satin matte finish, it's creamy smooth and doesn't dry out the lips like most completely matte lipsticks do. It is a bright orange-based red, absolutely gorgeous colour - perfect for people with olive skin or yellow-based skintone because of the warm tones. Close dupe for MAC's Morange but not as bright orange. Love this colour!

Topshop Lips in Rio Rio

Mischief is a velvet finish lipstick, it has a bit more of a gloss compared to Rio Rio. It's also a bright red but with more blue undertones, quite a wearable red for most skintones. 

Topshop Lips in Mischief

I'm so impressed with these Topshop lipsticks, they glide onto the lips like butter! I find that the colour goes on slightly sheer at first but can be built up to a bold bright colour. They do transfer so you will need to touch up throughout the day but that's to be expected with such creamy lipsticks, I find that the staying power is above average and that's more than I can ask for in a lipstick. I highly recommend these lipsticks if you're looking for a bright red lipstick. 

Available at Topshop for a reasonable £8.00.

Swatched it on my arm as well:
  
From left: Rio Rio and Mischief - no flash
From left: Rio Rio and Mischief - with flash

Have you tried any Topshop Lipsticks?

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I googled Mischeif and it brought me here :) brilliant swatches, both colours are so beautiful! Loving your blog too, keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely! Welcome to my blog then and thank you! Hope I've tempted you into getting Mischief, it's a lovely colour ;)

      Delete

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig