Wednesday 14 November 2012

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams in Stockholm, Istanbul, Addis Ababa and Amsterdam

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams in Stockholm, Istanbul, Addis Ababa and Amsterdam

Been slacking with my blog posts lately, my bad! But I've got a little mini NYX haul for you. I recently found out that a little place in Hong Kong stocks a small range of NYX cosmetics so of course I had to go check it out (I will have the address at the end of the post for those of you in HK who are interested). I ended up picking up four NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, if you'd like to see swatches then do continue reading :)

If you have read the post on my IMATS London haul, you'll know that I did get four different Soft Matte Lip Creams during IMATS which I really enjoy using so when I saw that the shop stocked this line I had to get a few more colours I was unable to get during IMATS. I ended up choosing Stockholm, Istanbul, Addis Ababa and Amsterdam. The SMLC all go on creamy and then dry to a matte finish. Lasting power isn't the best, I would say around 2-3 hours on me, sometimes longer. I would recommend making sure that your lips are exfoliated and moisturised before applying these lip creams because they will tend to sink into the lines of your lips or stick to any chapped skin. I also find that the lighter colours are a bit harder to work with compared to the brighter colours.

 So let's get to the exciting swatches! I decided to have photos of when you first apply it (Left) and then when it dries (Right), which usually takes a few minutes.

Stockholm - a peachy nude
Stockholm

Istanbul - cool-tone baby pink
Istanbul

Addis Ababa - bright candy pink
Addis Ababa

 Amsterdam -  cool-tone red
Amsterdam

As you can see, they all dry down to matte finishes but with the lighter colours you can see that they're a bit harder to blend out (in the sense that you can still clearly see the outline of the lip colour) and they also enhance the lines of the lips. All in all, I wouldn't say these are the best lip products out there but they are definitely fun ... in terms of concept and colour payoff! If you are thinking of getting any of the colours, I would suggest getting the more bold colours like Addis Ababa, Amsterdam, Monte Carlo, San Paulo and Antwerp.

L-R: Stockholm, Istanbul, Addis Ababa, Amsterdam

These Soft Matte Lip Creams retail for £5 on NYX Cosmetics (UK), which is fairly affordable. Here's where I bought these from in Hong Kong:

14/F Canton Plaza, 82 - 84 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. All the colours look lovely especially Stockholm! :)

    ive yet to try any nyx products but i may just have to invest in some of these lip creams :) great post xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're definitely worth a try!xx

      Delete
  2. Hoping NYX is at IMATS this wknd and they have these. Dying to try them but there is so much of a price diff between USA NYX & Canada plus shipping that I havent ordered any yet. So pretty:)

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they'll be at IMATS so you can try some of their products, and IMATS usually has such amazing discounts too!

      Delete
  3. love them all!!! each color looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Stockholm and Amsterdam! I've tried other NYX products and loved them so these are next on my list! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such lovely wearable colours. Which NYX products have you tried? xx

      Delete
  5. I love all the colours. I want to try them now

    ReplyDelete

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig