Wednesday 8 February 2012

IMATS LONDON HAUL!

As mentioned in my last post, here's my IMATS haul! Click "Read More" for reviews and swatches.




 NYX Soft Matte Lip CreamI've been wanting to try these for ages so couldn't pass up the discounts at IMATS. It was heavily discounted or anything but NYX cosmetics are quite affordable anyway.  These lip creams are advertised as not a lipstick nor a gloss, but still gives you the pigmentation a lipstick gives you and is matte. They apply very well (comes with a standard doe foot applicator) and staying power is average (it does transfer easily). It's not too drying either, as you may find with some matte lip products, since it's a cream formula. I still suggest applying a lip balm beforehand ( I usually apply lip balm at the start of putting on my make-up and then top off with a lipstick after my make-up's done if I happen to be wearing lipstick that day). It does have a very prominent smell though (personally reminds me of acrylic paint) so if you're not a fan of scented lip products then this will probably put you off.


From left to right: Monte Carlo, San Paulo, Milan, Antwerp
With flash


NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss (in Beige #129) -  I was attracted to the colour because it's a good colour on it's own or you can top it off on a nude or pink lipstick. It's not as sticky as some lip glosses. This has a more sweet scent to it. 




NYX Blush (in Silky Rose) - I've heard a lot of good reviews on NYX's blushes so I really wanted to try them. So far I like it, great pigmentation, goes on smoothly and good staying power. It's affordable too at £5.50 from the NYX online store (Check out their other products too if you're interested!)


Crown Brush (S228 Oval Shadow) - I wanted an all over the lid shadow brush, there were loads of similar ones from different brands at IMATS but I've been wanting to try Crown Brushes since I've heard good reviews about them. The brush is really soft and quite dense, just what I was looking for!



bdellium Tools ( Maestro Angled Face Brush #990) - I saw this brush and I was hooked! In my head, I was literally thinking "OMG! This would be perfect for contouring the face!)... and so of course I bought it. It's made from a mixture of natural and synthetic fibers with a nickel plated brass ferrule and black wood handle. The bristles are very soft and the brass ferrule gives the brush a really nice weight to it. Love this.



Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner (in Mat Black) - MUFE was one of the brands I was looking forward to seeing at IMATS, as the brand is not easily accessible in the UK and I'm sure a lot of the people who went to IMATS felt the same. I'm always on the hunt for great liquid liners so when I saw this one I had to buy it ( I know, shopaholic issues). This liquid liner dries matte finish and comes with a felt tip-like applicator. You do have to wait a few seconds for it to dry completely but once it does this liner will not budge whatsoever! I had a swatch of this on my hand at IMATS and it stayed on all day and was actually quite hard to wash off. Another product I'm loving... potentially Holy Grail material.




Velour Lashes ( in You Complete Me) - I first heard about this brand through Saaammage and this was another brand I was excited to see on the IMATS exhibitors list. Velour Lashes is a Toronto based company founded by two best friends Mabel and Angela. It was so lovely to meet and chat with the both of them! These lashes are unique because they are handmade from 100% mink fur (don't worry they are cruelty-free and sterilized!), which means that the lashes look and feel very natural on the eyes. With proper care, these lashes can be used up to 25 times. I was recommended these ones by the lovely Mabel and I'm looking forward to wearing them soon ( I'll be doing a more in-depth review once I do).



 Hope you liked my IMATS haul!

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Those NYX colors look great!!! I really enjoy reading your blog posts!!! If you have a chance please visit/follow my fashion blog. It will mean the world to me if you did. Thank you so much in advance!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely check out your blog :)

      Delete
  2. I wish I got to the NYX counter! It was just soo packed! what you got looks great! Check out my haul here on my blog :) http://bit.ly/A7yZhk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I got there it wasn't too crowded so that was good! Love the Real Techniques brushes you got, really wanted to get some but I had to stop myself from buying too much haha!

      Delete
  3. Man, I've never been to any of IMATS, but hauls like yours make me wanna go!!! your post made it even more tempting;-)))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hauls are so tempting, aren't they? :D
      You should definitely go to one if you have the chance to!

      Delete

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig