Monday 6 February 2012

IMATS LONDON

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend.


I attended IMATS LONDON last Saturday and I just wanted to share my thoughts, experience and a few pictures from the day. For those who don't know, IMATS is an annual International Make-up Artist Trade Show that is held in various cities and countries such as London, Los Angeles, New York, Vancouver, Toronto and Sydney. I first heard about IMATS from many of the of Youtube gurus that I watch, and I really wanted to go to the London one last year but unfortunately missed out on it. So I knew I wanted to go to this year's one just to experience the whole show. Here's some photos from the show.


The Illamasqua stand was crazy! 75% off on a selected range of their products.
The live make-up showcase was pretty awesome too.

This is my favourite photo, I love the make-up and prosthetics - really fascinating!



The amazing EnKore from EnKoreMakeup

This year's IMATS was held in the Great Hall at Alexandra Palace which meant that the venue space was much bigger - more space to roam and I didn't feel claustrophobic at all. 

However, this brings me to my first negative about IMATS London - there wasn't as many brands exhibiting at the show as compared to LA and NY and for that reason it felt like there was a lot of free space that could have been filled by more exhibitors. I guess the LA and NY ones are probably on a much bigger scale but I expected London to be the same. Most notably missing was Sigma brushes, I reckon they would have done extremely well at the show. My second negative is that the ticket price ( I paid £45 for one day) was way too extortionate! There wasn't a goodie bag at the end of the day or anything. I personally think that instead of the big massive IMATS cardboard bag they should change those to canvas tote bags so then at least it's something that you could keep and re-use. 

Now for some positives.... loads of brands had crazy discounts! They were very hard to resist and I'll be doing a little mini IMATS haul and review in my next post. I also really loved watching all the live make-up showcases and seeing them come to life right in front of you. 

Overall, I enjoyed it but I just wish I didn't have to pay such a hefty ticket price. I would love to go to IMATS LA and NY some day too!

Did you go to IMATS London? What was your thoughts and experience on it?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Wow! I am hoping to go to IMATS NY too this year but I might have a problem with the scheduled dates so maybe next year if I can't this year. :)
    http://urhappybunnie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go if you can! I think if I could go this year I'm gonna make a little trip out of if, been wanting to visit NY since forever. :)

      Delete
  2. WOW! I went to the IMATS as well and LOVED it! Check out my photo diary and haul here on my blog :) http://bit.ly/A7yZhk

    ReplyDelete

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig