Saturday 18 February 2012

Sleek Makeup: Blush by 3 - Sugar and Pink Sprint


Sleek Makeup just released these blush palettes called blush BY 3 that's available at Superdrug for a limited time only. Each palette comes with three different colours that are very pigmented. The packaging is great, as with all Sleek packaging: small, thin and travel-friendly. There are five different palettes in total called Sugar, Lace, Pumpkin, Flame and Pink Sprint. I only bought Sugar and Pink Sprint but I really want Lace (but it was cleaned out at the Superdrug that I went to, so I'm on the hunt!). 

Continue reading for swatches of Sugar and Pink Sprint :)



Pink Sprint - (Left to right: Pink Parfait, Pink Ice, Pinktini)


For a drugstore brand, Sleek has the most pigmented blushers out there. One swipe and you get a great colour payoff and these Blush By 3 palettes are no exception (and of course they are very affordable too!). All three blushers in Pink Sprint are matte and of course very pigmented. Don't be put off by the colour - with a light hand, they're actually quite wearable and very buildable too if you want the boldness of the colours to come out.


Pink Sprint - (Left to right: Pink Parfait, Pink Ice, Pinktini)

Sugar - (Left to right: Turbinado, Muscovado, Demerara)

Sugar comes with one shimmery blusher which is the middle one called Muscovado. In the pan, Turbinado has very tiny specks of shimmer in it but when swatched it's not noticeable. I think this palette is quite a good day-to-night palette to have with you if you're on the go. During the day, with a light touch of Turbinado you get a natural flush of red to your cheeks or you could go with Demerara which if you're prefer a blush with a more peach undertone. Then for a night look, you could sweep a thin layer of Muscovado to give your cheeks a bit of shimmer/highlight.

Sugar - (Left to right: Turbinado, Muscovado, Demerara)

Overall, I think these Sleek blush palettes are great and they remind me a little bit of the NARS Danmari blush palette. If you happen to pass by a Superdrug definitely go check them out before they are sold out. 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. The colors are lovely and I love the box's design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours and the packaging is what immediately attracted me to them :)

      Delete
  2. they are great palettes.I think it's really usefull to have a blush palette so you can choose depending on your overall make up.
    I haven't tried those palettes but maybe I should!
    you did an amazing review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is very handy. That's why I kinda wish I got my hands on the NARS Danmari palette.
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. i love the muscovado one *_*
    that's such a great idea to make a palette with blushes! :))
    wish i could buy it here in germ -.-'' so annoying!
    in btw lovely blog you have here :) will follow you!

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very pretty. Hope you can get your hands on these palettes if you can!
      Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  4. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.
    best makeup blush for fair skin face

    ReplyDelete

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig