Friday 24 February 2012

Glitter Galore!

My latest additions to my American Apparel nail polish collection.
Glitter, glitter, and more glitter!

American Apparel Glitter Nail Polish:- (Left to right) Galaxy and Supernova


Continue reading for reviews, swatches and NOTD! :)

I love a bit of glitter nail polish every now and then because it really jazzes up a plain nail polish colour. I was browsing the American Apparel website a few weeks ago and noticed they've got these two multi-coloured glitter nail polishes that are a close dupe to Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday polish (I know Claire's also do a similar polish that's much cheaper than both AA and DL). As much as I love ogling at Deborah Lippmann's range of glitter nail polishes because they are just absolutely gorgeous, I can never justify paying such a high price for them (...maybe someday!). So when I saw these polishes on the AA site I knew I wanted to get them since they were much cheaper.

Let's admire the glory of all the glitter, shall we?

Galaxy
Supernova


Both nail polishes are of course multi-coloured. Galaxy's glitter particles are all the same size and larger compared to Supernova's, which comes in a two different sizes that are both smaller than Galaxy's. Both apply quite well, you get a lot of glitter on the brush with one thick application and they both dry reasonably fast.

My nails right now ( I just did them!) ...



With flash

No flash


I have two coats of Barry M's Racing Green as the base colour, and I first painted Galaxy on the tips of my nails and then layered Supernova all over the nail like a top coat. Now you don't have to do this, if you don't want to, but I did put a layer of top coat to seal the glitter polish together and to keep the nail colour looking fresh and prevent chipping. But like all nail polishes, the more the layers the longer it takes to dry... so you gotta be patient because if you're not the glitter just slips and slides or even worse literally comes off like a chunky glitter cluster.

Previous to this NOTD, I actually had almost the same nail polish combo but just with OPI's No Spain No Gain (a raspberry red/pink) as the base coat instead, which also looked really pretty. I had a lot of people say "Ooooh, I love your nails!" or "Oooh, pretty nails!". The compliments made taking off this nail polish combo worth it... it took me three cotton pads soaked in nail polish remover and over 5 minutes to remove everything!

Overall, I love these polishes (despite the long removal process but that's what you get with glitter polishes)! I think both polishes are beautiful and a definite must-have if you are into glitter nail polishes! 

Do check these polishes out at American Apparel if you haven't already and I hope you like them as much as I do!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig