Saturday 24 March 2012

March Joliebox


For the first time ever, this month's Joliebox contains all full-sized products, which I must say is very impressive. Continue reading for short reviews and swatches. 


Firstly, I was pleasantly surprised (and very impressed) when I opened the box and found 4 full sized products (I was recently informed that Joliebox now send 4 -5 luxury samples instead of 5 -6), although two of the full sized products have made a previous appearance in January's Glossybox. But occurrences like this are bound to happen if, like me, you're subscribed to the two major beauty box subscription services, so I can't complain. I'm going to start off with those two products:

1. Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner in Midnight Blue - Creamy liner in a dark blue-black with a green tinge. Unfortunately, the colour does not suit my skintone at all. I used it on my lower waterline and the colour just looked so wrong. On top of that, I don't find that the liner has good staying power on me (I may try and play around with it and see if I can find a better way of using it).
*(I previously received Powder Pink from Glossybox, so I'm glad I didn't receive the same colour again)
Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner in Midnight Blue
Swatch - Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner in Midnight Blue

2. Davines Authenic Moisturising Balm - Multi-purpose natural conditioning balm that can be used on the face, body, and hair. I'm so glad I received another full size of this because I absolutely love this. I use it just as I'm about to get out of the shower, where I work it into my skin and then rinse it off... and my skin is left feeling very moisturised. Unfortunately, this one had somehow pierced open during the delivery process and spilled a little but oh well these things happen, thankfully it wasn't the whole tube!

Davines Authentic Moisturising Balm


3. LCN Nail Polish (Free Your Mind 2012 Collection) in Sky High - A sheer polish with blue shimmer giving it a very frosty light blue colour. Can be worn on its own for a more subtle look or on top of a nail polish (such as pastel blue or lilac).

LCN in Sky High

4. Yardley Luxury Body Wash in Peony - Luxury body wash which comes in three floral scents. I got Peony which is a very lovely fresh, slightly musky scent. When I first smelled it, it immediately reminded me of a perfume I have but I pinpoint it so I kept smelling it to jog my memory and then it hits me...smells exactly like Gwen Stefani's L L.A.M.B perfume!



This is my second Joliebox and I really like that they always give something extra in the box (I'm not sure if that's the standard for every month) - last month was a makeup brush and this month is a very handy travel-sized mirror. It's not bulky or heavy so perfect for carrying around.


This month's box, introduces their first monthly magazine, JolieMag, which provides you with latest trends in the beauty world, tutorials and interviews with beauty insiders. It also comes with a 20% off coupon for online jewellery store Love Hearts and Crosses.


Overall, I very impressed with this month's Joliebox for that fact that all products are full size. I know that with these beauty box subscription services you get luxury size samples and the occasional full size product which everyone always enjoys, so to do a box where all products are full sizes deserves a huge thumbs up! I hate when I get small sachets of samples because in my opinion beauty counters should be giving those out for free for potential interested customers, so when I get sample sachets in my beauty boxes I'm never impressed. I can see myself using all products sent to me this month (except for the eyeliner unfortunately), especially the Davines Moisturising Balm and Yardley Body Wash (yes, another body wash! I'm gonna be so fresh, so clean!), although I wouldn't say any of the products exactly wowed me.

What did you think of this month's Joliebox?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This box seems impressive, although they did repeat things that the Glossybox already sent, which is pretty weird actually. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm surprised 2 of the products were from the same Glossybox as well, especially since it was only just a few months ago. But I guess they target the same companies when getting samples. xx

      Delete

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig