Sunday 11 March 2012

Glossybox: The Harrods Edition


This month's Glossybox is a collaboration with UK's famous luxury brand department store Harrods. If you received last month's Glossybox, you may recall getting a little card with a link to a 'mystery box'. Days leading onto the revelation of the mystery box, Glossybox released daily clues which eventually spelt out the word: KNIGHTSBRIDGE; and then the mystery box was revealed! Before I got my box I had already had a sneak peek of the box from reading a few of my favourite blogs, so I was eagerly awaiting the box and I can fairly say that I'm not disappointed. Continue reading to find out what I got...




Here we go...


1. Clarins Extra Firming Body Cream which helps to lift, tone and comfort the body. Can be applied on the neck area in a upwards motion or any where your body needs firming. Cream feels light on skin (not greasy at all), easily absorbed, and a little goes a long way. It's also has a very pleasant smell which is always good. (Full size price: £39.50/200ml, sample received was 30ml)



2. YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum which helps to activate skin cells for a more youthful appearance. I'm currently using L'oreal's Youth Code Serum which I do like but it's always nice to try new products and I've also never tried YSL skincare either, so I'm looking forward to this one! (Full size price: £60.00/30ml, sample received 5ml)


3. Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDP - I always love getting perfumes in beauty boxes because I'm obsessed with collecting perfumes (I think I have close to 50 now) and it's a really good way to get sample sizes of perfumes to try out. For Her is mixture of floral and woody scents (excuse my poor description, I'm no perfume connoisseur). The top notes are quite floral with a slight hint of fruitiness and then the base notes provide the overall musk and woody scent. It's not really my cup of tea since I'm not a fan of musky perfumes but it's quite a nice night-time perfume and stays for hours as it's an EDP. (Full size £55.50/50ml, £71.50/100ml, sample received 1ml)


4. Molton Brown Heavenly Ginger-Lily Moisture Bath & Shower - contains vitamin-rich fruit extracts that helps to boost and invigorate the skin. I love the scent, smells amazing! As exciting as that sounds, this is probably the one sample I'm least excited about. Having subscribed to two of the most popular beauty boxes currently on there, you tend to accumulate a bunch load of shower gels and not that I don't like receiving shower gels from different brands but it gets to the point where I feel like a shower gel comes with every box and it's like "Oh yay...Another shower gel...". But that's the risk you take with beauty boxes, you never know what you will be getting till you open up the box. (Full size £18.00/300ml, sample received 50ml)


5. Burberry Beauty Miniature Lip Mist Copper No.202 - a peachy nude balmy moisturising sheer lipstick. When on my lips it's sort of a 'my lips but better' kinda colour. Apparently it's meant to have a glossy shine finish and it does appear so when swatched on my arm but when on my lips I didn't really notice any shine. I was most excited to received this product, I LOVE Burberry's cosmetics packaging and embossed detailing of their famous pattern on the actual lipstick (so chic!), even though the detailing will eventually disappear it's still nice to look at. (Full size price £23.00)


Overall, I'm impressed with the Glossybox v. Harrods collaboration! 
Favourite products are definitely the Burberry lipstick and the YSL serum. 

What did you think of this month's box?
SHARE:

1 comment

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig