Friday 15 March 2013

Benefit Cosmetics Dr Feel Good



I've rediscovered an oldie but definitely a goodie - Benefit Cosmetics' Dr Feel Good! When I first started really getting into make up and finding out about the wonders a primer could do for one's complexion, Dr Feel Good (one of Benefit's top sellers) was the first face primer I dabbled in. Since then, I've repurchased this at least 3 times over the years. But being a beauty junkie, I've strayed away from it for several years now for the sake of trying other primers... but recently I decided to repurchase it and I've been using it ever since! On my first use/rediscovery, I asked myself "Girrrrl, why did you ever stop using this?!"

It's a lightweight invisible balm, containing vitamins A, C and E, that can be use before or after makeup and even on its own to help mattify the skin. I generally use this before makeup as a primer with the sponge that it comes with (the only time I ever use the applicator that comes with Benefit products... I never use the brush that comes with their blushes!). 


I find that it gives the appearance of velvety smooth and flawless skin since it fills in any enlarged pores, pock mark/acne scaring, and smooths fine lines - a perfect canvas for foundation and the rest of the makeup. I have yet to use it over makeup just because I don't tend to carry it around with me but I'm pretty sure it would do a great job at mattifying the skin throughout the day. One thing I would point out is to make sure your skin is well moisturized before using the primer because I find that it does tend to make my occasional dry patches more prominent (but I mostly have oily combination skin).


This is definitely Holy Grail status for me! I personally feel that it beats a lot of the face primers I've tried in my years (and I've tried a lot), in terms of giving the skin a smooth finish, mattifying the skin and helping the makeup stay in place and last a good 12 hours or more! I'm definitely going to be repurchasing this from now on and making sure I don't stray away from it again! I also reuse the beautiful tin as a container for little elastic hair ties, bobby pins, stud earrings, rings, the options are endless! Simply put, Dr Feel Good will definitely make you "feel gooooooood" (har har...)!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Never seen this before but it looks awesome! Do you reckon itll work well with oily skin? I tend to struggle finding a primer that doesnt end up making my foundation even worse! haha x


    beautifulbenefit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin actually gets super oily as the day goes by and I've found that this primer works really well(in my opinion my favourite primer out of all the ones I've tried so far)! My skin doesn't get as oily as it used to (bear in mind after using Dr Feel Good as a primer, I also set it with a powder and setting spray).

      Delete

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig