Thursday 9 April 2015

My Top 5 | Liquid Eyeliners


First thing's first, a look is not complete without a good set of winged eyeliner for me - it makes a huge difference to the overall look and also elongates the eyes and makes them look bigger. I've used pencil liner, gel liner, eyeshadow (you name it!) to create the perfect winged eye but I personally find that nothing beats liquid liner! You get a clean precise thin or thick line and in my experience liquid liners last the longest on me... especially for my oily lids. This brings me to today's long overdue post on my favourite liquid eyeliners.

Let's start off with my all time favourite!

MAC Liquidlast Liner in Point Black


I was first introduced to MAC Liquidlast Liner by mszjackiechu and her video on her favourite eyeliners where this was highly recommended for people with oily lids. This was one of the very first products I bought from MAC (#noregrets) and has since become my Holy Grail liquid eyeliner (think I'm on my 5th one now).

Point Black is the blackest of blacks and dries to a semi-matte, slightly glossy finish. Its fine brush tip is sometimes not the most forgiving because one wrong stroke and you will be correcting the mistake for ages, this liner marks like no one's business. I wouldn't recommend this if you're just starting to learn how to use liquid liners or have unsteady hands but as one of the rules for winged liner goes: Practice makes perfect. It also takes longer to dry than most liquid liners I've tried but once dry it won't budge or flake for at least 12 hours or more. I don't tend to use this when I'm in a hurry because it does need a steady hand and a bit of time to dry, but if I need my winged liner to last all day then you can be certain that I've used this. The liner also gets quite tacky after a few month's use so by then you'd have to be a bit more careful when lining the eyes.

Shu Uemura Calligraph:ink Liquid Eyeliner


Inspired by the Asian calligraphy brush, the Shu Uemura Calligraph:ink Liquid Eyeliner allows you to draw fine to bold lines with precision. The formula is more liquid than other liners, if you look at the swatches below you can see that it's seeping into the fine lines of the skin but don't worry it doesn't do that on the lids. The colour glides on very smoothly, dries quickly, and last a good 6 - 7 hours on me before smudging or flaking. The eyeliner casing is also reusuable with refillable ink cartridges.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper


I've heard so many great reviews about the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and when I finally got my hands on it, I was not disappointed. The fine brush tip allows for precise application so you can draw really thin or thick lines. The black is not super intense like the MAC Liquidlast but it's black enough that it doesn't look too harsh. It stays on all day with only slight smudging in very hot and humid conditions. I've been reaching for this quite often lately, it's definitely close to HG status.

Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in Black



The Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner is also a brush tip liquid eyeliner, similar to the Kat Von D liner, but unfortunately doesn't last that long on my oily lids and flakes after 5 - 6 hours. I like to use this or the L'Oreal Super Liner (below) for when I know I'm not going to be out for the whole day, they're both really good eyeliners but just not for my oily lids or for when I need my makeup to last the whole day.

L'Oreal Super Liner Black Lacquer



The L'Oreal Super Liners are one of my favourite drugstore liners, dries to a glossy finish and is quick and easy to use. These used to last ages on me with no smudging or flaking until about 5-6 hours... I'm not sure whether the formula has changed or my lids have gotten more oily but the liner becomes really sticky on my lids after a few hours and starts smudging in the crease/fold area.

Swatches | From left to right: MAC Liquidlast Liner | Shu Uemura Calligraph:ink | Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper | Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in Black | L'Oreal Super Liner Black Lacquer

What's your favourite liquid eyeliner?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig