Monday 30 March 2015

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette


Several months ago I put in a huge Sephora order with a friend who was going back to Canada, one of the items was the Hourglass Ambient Blush Palette which I've been eager to try for ages! So you can imagine my excitement when I got the bag of goodies, only to find my friend had gotten the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette instead.

I've heard good things about the Ambient Lighting Palette as well so I wasn't too disappointed, but highlighting is a step I tend to skip/completely avoid in my makeup routine... with my oily/combination skin I find that most highlighters make me look way too shiny after a while, some might say it's a glowy look but I prefer looking matte. I've kept the palette tucked away since, only to occasionally look at its gorgeous sleek packaging and powders, until recently. I was feeling a bit poorly last Friday but still had to put on a decent face for work so I opted for a more glowy look. I swept a light dusting of Radiant Light across the tops of my cheekbones and down the center of my nose - my dull skin was instantly brightened!

The Ambient Lighting Powders uses Photoluminescent Technology that filters out harsh lighting and refines the appearance of the complexion. The finely-milled consistency gives the skin a natural glow, an almost soft-focus lighting effect. Radiant Light paired perfectly with my bronzer and didn't make my skin look too oily at the end of the day which is brilliant! I can see myself using Dim Light and Radiant Light the most, especially Radiant Light for that extra bronzed look for summer. Who's ready for summer already??
From left to right: Dim Light (neutral peach beige), Incandescent Light (pearl white; exclusive to the palette), and Radiant Light (golden beige)

Oh and I can't wait to try the blush version now!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig