Saturday 21 March 2015

NYX Slim Lip Pencils


In case you didn't know, I LOVE wearing a bold lip. I'm all for the bold lip for an instant oomph! Bright reds are my go-to colour (MAC Rubo Woo and Relentlessly Red are two of my favourite reds), but I've also dabbled in shocking pinks, oranges, and dark purples. Basically whenever I'm wearing a bold lip you can be certain I've got some sort of matching lip liner underneath. Lip liners not only line and shape the lips but it also creates a barrier to prevent your lipstick from bleeding/feathering out, and if you're like me and fill in the rest of the lips after lining then that creates another layer of colour so the lip colour seemingly lasts longer. 

The NYX Slim Lip Pencils are one of my favourite lip liners, as you can tell I have quite the collection. Coming in a huge variety of colours from nudes, pinks, reds, plums, browns, oranges and even black, the Slim Lip Pencil's buttery formula make them glide on smoothly and are long lasting, whether worn alone or layered under a lipstick. They are super affordable too ;)

I currently have Ever (warm peachy brown), Nude Pink (muted pink), Rose (soft pink), Pinky (watermelon pink), Fuchsia, Purple Rain (fuchsia purple), Orange (bright orange with blue undertones), Plush Red (bright red with blue undertones), Hot Red (true red), Cabaret (plumy brick red), Plum, and Deep Purple (dark purple with red undertones). You can see here they're very well-loved.


Some of my favourite ones are Ever, Nude Pink, Plush Red, Orange and Deep Purple. I love wearing Nude Pink on its own or under a nude lipstick, while I would usually pair up Plush Red with MAC Relentlessly Red because both have blue undertones, and Deep Purple is also a good one to wear on its own or I usually pair up with MAC Rebel.


Time for swatches! From left to right: 
Ever | Nude Pink | Rose |  Pinky | Fuchsia |  Purple Rain | Orange | Plush Red | Hot Red | Cabaret | Plum | Deep Purple

Have you tried the NYX Slim Lip Liners? What are your favourite colours?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig