Wednesday 5 August 2015

bareMinerals Matte Foundation SPF 15


My skin has been doing quite well for the last month or so, and with the hot humid weather in Hong Kong I wanted something that didn't feel heavy on the skin but is still able to give me a decent amount of coverage that will cover any discoloration, redness, and acne scarring (my main concerns). A friend of mine swears by the bareMinerals foundation and although I'm not a huge fan of loose powders (too messy!), I decided to give the matte version a go... and it is exactly what I needed!

The bareMinerals matte foundation with SPF 15 has a light to medium coverage with a matte finish and feels weightless on the skin. My current shade is Medium Beige which is a very good colour match for me.

I find that the best way to use this is to build the coverage layer by layer. I tap a small amount on to the lid and then swirl my EcoTools Bamboo Bronzer brush into the product and then buff that into my skin starting from my forehead and then moving on to the rest of my face. I then go in with another layer but just focusing on the lower half of my face since that's where I need more coverage (I don't need much coverage on my forehead). Finally, for extra coverage on my acne scarring and sides of my nose, to cover any discoloration/redness, I use a smaller brush and buff in another layer but just focusing on those areas. Since my skin has been quite good lately, I find that this routine gives me just the right amount of coverage without the need for concealer, I simply move on to bronzer and blush. Although this is a matte finish foundation, I find that I do get shiny after a few hours but then again ain't no keeping my shine away! It doesn't oxidize on me and lasts a good 8 hours on me before starting to fade.

I really like that you can twist and lock the clear lid, which not only controls the amount of product you dispense but also makes this foundation travel-friendly. As someone who finds loose powders messy, this is very good packaging.

I've been using this as my daily foundation for the last few weeks and it's just perfect! I personally prefer this to tinted moisturiser and BB creams, which is what I usually use during hot weather. If you're looking for a lightweight foundation with buildable coverage this is definitely worth a try!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig