Thursday 15 October 2015

A little Urban Decay haul

You know when go into a store with the intention to only buy one thing, then get sucked in by everything around you, and you end up with several items that you probably don't really need. Yeah. That's what happened this weekend when I went to Urban Decay.

I had wanted to get one of the Matte Revolution lipsticks and ended up getting the Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion, Brow Beater, an Eyeshadow, and two gifts with purchase of travel size versions of the original Eyeshadow Primer Potion and All Nighter Setting Spray.

Matte Revolution Lipstick in Tilt - Out of the 9 shades available, this colour stood out to me the most and is a colour that I don't have in my collection. It's a bright coral orange with a semi-matte finish. The creamy formula glided on easily and is highly pigmented. It feels comfortable on the lips and not too drying, however you would definitely need to make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturized before applying this or else it will enhance any dry patches or lines. 


Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion - I've been testing this out for the last few days and I have to say that I'm loving it so far. The formula is velvety with a soft matte finish that helps to smooth out enlarged pores and fine lines. It's quite similar to Benefit's POREfessional. I put this on after moisturiser then set it with the UD De-slick Setting Spray before putting on foundation. It has been working quite well with my oily skin, I still get a bit shiny by mid-day but it can pass off as a "healthy glow". 

Brow Beater in Dark - I'm all about them brows so I wanted to give this a go. The formula is long-lasting and waterproof. The fine tip makes it easier to mimic hair strokes when filling in the brows and in case you go in too dark/harsh with the brows, you can use the brush on the other end to soften the colour.

Eyeshadow in Vanilla - This is a completely unnecessary purchase. Basically, I was about to pay for the first three items and the makeup artist very kindly informed me I was only a "few dollars" off from getting two gifts with purchase. I'm telling you - SUCKED IN. She used Vanilla as a highlighter by creating a C-shape starting from the brow bones to the top of the cheekbones. She also used it to brighten up my inner corner of my eyelids. It gave a really pretty subtle glow and helped bring out those areas. That being said, I'm not a huge highlighter fan because I always find that it makes me look even shinier when I start to get oily. So I honestly did not need this but it was enough to cover the few dollars... again, sucked in.



I'm not going to go too much detail about the gifts with purchase because the Eyeshadow Primer Potion and All Nighter Setting Spray are pretty well known from Urban Decay and they are products that I have used before. But the travel size versions are going to come in very handy for my London trip which is only 2 days away! So excited! I'm thinking of giving vlogging a go...maybe?! 
SHARE:

1 comment

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig