Thursday 20 March 2014

Dior Crème de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm

Confession: This is the most expensive lip balm I've ever purchased in my entire life.


Okay okay...fair enough I did purchase it willingly so really I only have myself to blame for spending HK$240 on a lip balm. Why? For the pure and simple reason: I am a beauty addict. And one of our many traits is that we love a good hype and we eventually always end up giving in. I have been seeing so many people rave about the Dior Crème de Rose Lip Balm for quite a while now, and at first I told myself "Oh helllll no Carmen, you are not spending such a ridiculous amount on a lip balm!" and "Seriously, Carmen. Do you really need more lip balms?" Then one day, long story short, I walked by a Dior counter and I left with this lip balm in my bag.

So does this cult favourite live up to the hype? Well, I'm half and half about it. It's an amazing lip balm for sure, does what it says on the description: smooths, plumps and contains SPF10. However, I personally find that it does what any of my other lip balms have done, nothing life-changing... and in cases where my lips are extremely dry I find that it doesn't really do much to help. The consistency reminds me slightly of the Soap & Glory A Great Kisser lip balms but not as sticky and I'm not the biggest fan of rose scents (I'm okay with the scent now since it's not as over-powering as the *ahem* the Crabtree & Evelyn Rose hand cream *ahem*). I adore the packaging- very cute and girly! It would have felt more high-end if the packaging was not as plastic looking as it is but I guess no biggie!

All in all, I do like the Dior Crème de Rose Lip Balm and it's currently always in my handbag as my current go-to lip balm. Would I purchase this again? Maybe, maybe not... For me, it's not a must-have but definitely a must-try and if I ever do repurchase this, it would be a "Treat Yo' Self" kind of moment.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig