Wednesday 19 March 2014

NYX Studio Finishing Powder

Hello everyone...it's been a LONG while!


I ran out of both my MAC Blot Powder and Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (well both of them hit pan pretty hard and subsequently crumbled into pieces), so I went on the hunt for a new setting powder because as much as I do like those two MAC powders, it wasn't really doing as good of a job for me anymore... I was getting super greasy, super fast.

I checked out the powders from Bare Minerals and Make Up For Ever but I wasn't in the mood to risk paying a huge amount for a product I wasn't 120% sure on. Continuing my hunt, I found myself perusing the NYX counters and ended up debating between their Mineral Finishing Powder and Studio Finishing Powder - both loose powders. Now I'm honestly not the biggest fan of loose powders, they are simply too messy to work with but I guess deep down in my subconscious I wanted a change from powder compacts. One of the NYX ladies recommended the SFP over MFP for 'a longer matte finish'... and when I heard those key words, I was sold.

The SFP is a 100% pure mineral sillica powder that is great for setting foundation or wearing alone. It applies neutral so it's suitable for all skin tones with a matte to semi-matte finish. I apply this with the Real Techniques Powder Brush - my brush of choice for setting powders. I take a small amount on the brush and swirl it around the cover then gently tap off any excess powder...a light dusting of this white stuff goes a long way!

I've been using this for a while now, and I can definitely say that it gives me a longer matte finish - I only get slightly oily after mid-day, whereas I used to get extremely shiny before mid-day when using my MAC powders. I'm also not one to reapply my makeup throughout the day so I need something that can keep those oils at bay!

So if you're looking into a good setting powder then I highly recommend you check out the NYX Studio Finishing Powder - it works and it's very affordable!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have been looking for a new setting powder so this is a great read.. where did you purchase this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I bought this at a NYX counter in Hong Kong. But you can order online or check the store locator on their website http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/locator/

      :)

      Delete

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig