Monday 14 January 2013

Deborah Lippmann - Addicted to Speed Top Coat


The Seche Vite top coat has been a staple for me for the last 3 years or so, I love it because it's quick drying, affordable and makes my nail colour last for several days. One thing I hate about it is that it tends to thicken about halfway through the bottle (sometimes even one-third!)... which is super annoying! I know you can thin it out but I have yet to try that method. But I thought I'd try out a new top coat and decided to go for the Deborah Lippmann Addicted To Speed top coat which I've heard good reviews about. It dries super fast (slightly quicker than the Seche Vite) and as it's infused with Cellulose and Dimethicone it leaves the nails ultra shiny. My nail colour last for ages and doesn't chip which is pretty impressive! The tip colour wears out a little after a few days but that's normal for me. When I first got the Seche Vite, I found the scent extremely strong...industrial-strength smell! I got used to it after a while though but I find that the DL Addicted To Speed is even stronger!! I'll probably get used to it eventually but dang it smells strong! As with all DL nail polishes, this is quite expensive but I managed to get it slightly cheaper, I forgot the exact HK price unfortunately...sorry! Overall, I think it's a good top coat but for the price is it really worth buying this over the Seche Vite which is much cheaper and has more or less the same result?? I'll see how this bottle lasts and whether it thickens up halfway...
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig