Wednesday 2 January 2013

Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara



HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! 
I hope 2013 will be a great one for you all! 
xx


For today's post, I'm going to start off by mentioning that my short straight Asian lashes are very picky when it comes to mascara. What I look for is pretty much the "full package": volume, length, curl, no smudging/flaking and long-lasting... I know, that is a lot to ask for! So my review of the Benefit They're Real! is entirely based on its effect on my high maintenance eyelashes!

I have used Benefit's BADGal mascara before, which I know is a favourite for many people but it just didn't wow me. Then Benefit came out with They're Real!, a mascara that claims to lengthen, curl, volumize, lift and separate those lashes with a long-wearing formula that won't smudge ... fits my "full package" description, no? However, I remember telling myself not to fall for the hype because although They're Real! might work and look amazing on others (I've seen some examples), it may not have the same effect of me. You see, this is what having Asian lashes resorted me too...extreme mascara skepticism! I held out on trying/buying the mascara for quite a long time but then Benefit decided to come out with a special edition pack of They're Real!, one full size and one travel size, valued at £27 for the price of £18.50 (plus the temptation of earning Boots points!) and so I bit the bullet and bought it...

You know that saying "You should always trust your gut instinct." Yeah... I really should have. Now I did do my research prior to buying They're Real!, I read a few beauty gurus who have lashes like mine did like the mascara (it wasn't life-changing for them or anything but it was an okay-ish mascara) and as a beauty junky, I had to try it for myself and see. I always curl my lashes first before mascara, They're Real! goes on lovely with one coat, it really separates the lashes and lengthens them ever so slightly. The brush head is bigger than what I'm used to but it's easy to work with. With a second and third coat, there's definitely some volume and a bit more length but this is where the mascara starts getting too heavy to hold the curl because the mascara's formula is quite wet, and within a few hours the curl is completely gone. When the curl goes and my lashes point down again, I noticed the mascara starts flaking and smudging on me...which is a big no no! I've heard that the mascara gets better when the formula dries up a bit more so maybe I'll see how that goes...

So as predicted, They're Real! and my lashes just aren't meant to be unfortunately. It's a good mascara if I'm planning on just being out and about for a few hours and maybe the curl will last longer if I just have one coat on. I also like that my lashes felt quite flexible and comfortable with lashings of the mascara on. However, I won't be repurchasing this when it's finished.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig