Friday 7 November 2014

Tarte Pin Up Girl Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Palette



I finally have my hands on Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes! All thanks to a little shop called Dudes, located in Causeway Bay. By the way, it kills me that we don't have a Sephora in Hong Kong anymore and that they don't currently ship to HK either...pains me so much but I won't go into the extent of this pain in this post. I'm just glad that somewhere like Dudes appreciates (and capitalizes) on the fact that it's difficult to get a lot of American brands in HK. If you're ever around CWB, go check out their store for a selection of products from Bath and Body Works, Real Techniques, Urban Decay, Anastasia, Lorac, Tarte, and much more. Bear in mind that the prices you get there will be marked up by quite a lot!

Now let's get to the good stuff. 

The Tarte Pin Up Girl Amazonian Clay Blush Palette (...that's a mouthful!) is a special edition holiday set with 5 brand new 12-hour wear blush shades beautifully encased in a Parisian-inspired gold clutch with two wearable hair pins - very girly! All 5 shades are very wearable pink-based shades. My favourites are Breathless (pink beige nudge with semi-matte finish) and Bashful (coral pink with gold shimmer). Breathless reminds me of my all time favourite MAC Mineralized Blush in Warm Soul but less shimmery, while Bashful reminds me of Benefit's Coralista. Other shades include Embraced (cool-toned berry shade with a frosted finish) which reminds me of a lighter, softer Nars Sin blush, Whimsy (a cool-toned baby pink with a semi-matte finish) and Irreplaceable (a medium dark rosy pink with a semi-matte finish).


From left to right: Breathless, Embraced, Whimsy, Bashful and Irreplaceable.

I've been using this palette a lot lately and quite impressed with the Tarte Amazonian Clay formula. However, I wouldn't say the blushes last 12-hours on me as it claims... on me they last around 8-10 hours which to be fair I'm totally okay with. Tarte has been one of those brands that I've been lusting after for a long time, more so their blushes than anything else. I now actually own some and will definitely be adding to the collection... if only they were more accessible!

Have you ever used Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes? What's your favourite shade?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig