Tuesday 10 April 2012

LUSH Fresh Face Mask: The Sacred Truth


For my first LUSH Fresh Face Mask, I went for The Sacred Truth which is an anti-ageing mask that helps to brighten your complexion. Continue reading for my full review:

Some of you might be thinking: "Why are you using anti-ageing products??", but you should actually start using anti-ageing products by the time you are in your 20s. This is because there are so many factors such as environmental (e.g. the sun, pollution), eating habits (e.g. too much sugar, which ages the skin), and factors such as smoking and drinking which can all affect the skin's complexion and elasticity. So using anti-ageing products by the time you are in your 20s is more of a preventive measure, you may not notice the benefits straight away but in the long-run your skin will thank you for treating it with the TLC it needs.

This was one of the reasons I decided to get The Sacred Truth, the main reason was because I was looking for something to help brighten my skin. The mask is a muddy light green colour that is thick in consistency. I quite like it's smell, it hard to describe it, but let's just say it smells very natural! These Fresh Face Masks have to be stored in the fridge which makes it feel so good when you apply it all over you face, wait 5 - 10 minutes and rinse off with warm water. I usually apply the mask 2 -3 times a week after I've cleansed my face. After I've rinse off the mask with warm water, I find that it leaves a layer of natural oil residue from the natural ingredients so I just use a toner to rebalance my skin and apply the rest of my usual skincare.



You can see the list of natural goodness on the bottom of the tub, which includes ingredients such as ginseng, green tea, organic yoghurt, primrose oil, shea butter, papaya, etc. (seriously, so much goodness for your skin!).


Ginseng, green tea and wheatgrass are anti-oxidants. Primrose oil, shea butter, coconut oil, lavender oil, honey (and many more) help to soften and moisturise the skin. Papaya helps to clean the skin, dissolve dead skin cells and helps to brighten the skin.

Overall, I really like this mask because it really does help brighten my complexion. You can purchase The Sacred Truth at LUSH stores or online for £5.75. For that price, you get 75g of product that can be kept for 3-4 weeks (each tub will have a best before date). I've used mine for 2 weeks now and I still have more than half the tub left. One slightly annoying thing is that because it is a fresh product that only lasts for a few weeks, I constantly find myself feeling the need to have to use it just because I don't want it to go bad and have to chuck it away without fully using it... although I am essentially pampering my skin which I guess isn't a bad thing! I'm looking forward to trying a few of their other masks after I'm done with this one. Also if you bring back 5 full-size empty tubs you get one tub of fresh mask for free! Incentive!
On a side note, I just want to mention how lovely and helpful the staff at the LUSH Covent Garden store are (which was where I bought this mask)! I felt like I was chatting to my friends. Two thumbs up for great customer service! 
Have you tried any LUSH Fresh Face Masks?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This looks so nice.. and the ingredients sound great.. to bad about the short best before date.. x

    ReplyDelete

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig