Thursday 12 April 2012

Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer


Revlon recently added a few more products to their Photoready range: Airbrush Mousse Makeup (a mousse foundation), Eye Primer (for brightening and priming the eyes) and Perfecting Primer (a face primer). I picked up the Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer, if you'd like my thoughts on it then please continue reading.

The first two products didn't really appeal to me because when I tried the Airbrush Mousse Makeup in the store the product came out weirdly and it just didn't look like something I wanted to put on my face, while I didn't need an eye primer... so I opted for the Perfecting Primer because I'm a sucker for good primers. I've had a several weeks to try this out and I'm liking so far! On days when I wear heavy foundation, I like using this to prime my face first (after moisturiser) and it just gives my skin a more even surface as well as mattifying it, so foundation goes on much smoother and stays on for a bit longer since I don't usually reapply any foundation throughout the day. 


It's a light pink-based liquid primer that has a slight silicone feel when first applied, very comparable to the finish of 
L'Oréal Paris Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer which is one of my favourite primers.

Can I just say, I love that it's a pump!


This is the amount that comes out with one full pump:


I usually just use half a pump and it's enough to cover my face, but the amount needed will obviously differ with each person.
 
Overall, I like this primer - applies smoothly and does a good job of providing a smooth service for foundation. In terms of wear, it does help prolong the foundation wear but my face does get a bit shiny after a few hours (but then again I do have combination skin so shininess is a given after a few hours...nothing oil-blotting paper can't combat!). 


The Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer is available in Boots for 
£11.99, and Boots are currently still doing their 3 for 2 offer so if you're looking for a new primer definitely check this one out!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig