Thursday 4 October 2012

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Ebony (and a little update!)

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Ebony
Helloooooo everyone!

Sorry for the lack of updates! Last few weeks have been quite hectic for me... I've left London and moved back to Hong Kong, hopefully not for good but for now a good long while!! I had been living in the UK for 7 years so you can imagine how much stuff I had to pack and organise before leaving. Now I'm back in Hong Kong and slowly getting a routine together. It was very hard to leave the UK... leaving some of my best friends behind and leaving somewhere I've called home for 7 years and going back to Hong Kong where I've never actually lived in before (as I grew up in Nigeria before going to the UK) and starting all over again! I already miss London so much! But anyway!! I've got a little post for you!

I recently watched one of Holly Ann-Aeree's videos, I think it was one of her amazingly long Hits and Misses videos which are always a joy to watch... should be the latest one, here's the link. She mentioned she was using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo for her brows and I was sold.... girl always has great brows! So I went on Cult Beauty and bought it in Ebony (for black hair tones). I gotta say I'm loving it! In Holly's words "It's so life changing for the brows!"

It comes with two colours, one dark and one lighter, the Ebony one is the perfect shade for my jet black hair. I just use a slanted brow brush (right now it's a Bobbi Brown one) and I usually just lightly dip it in the lighter colour and then again in the darker one and then fill in my brows. The combination of the two powders make the brows look very natural when filled in, especially the inner bit of the brows! I always find that when using a pencil, the inner parts of the brows (closest to the nose) always tend to look too dark and unnatural. The compact is quite small (comes with 1.60g of product) but I use the tiniest amount of product to fill my brows so I reckon this product should last quite a while! But because the ends of my brows aren't as long as I'd like them to be, I still tend to use my Shiseido Natural Brow Pencil in Natural Black to fill the ends so my eyebrows look longer and more defined.

Overall, I really like this little gem of a product! The Anastasia Brow Powder is long-lasting and doesn't smudge, obviously towards to end of a long day the colour does fade a little, at least on me anyway. The Brow Powder Duo retails for £17 and other Anastasia Beverly Hills products are available in the UK on Cult Beauty.

Oh! And look at the packaging! It's so sweet and girly!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about this product but I feel it's a bit expensive. :(

    http://urhappybunnie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought so too at first, but I wanted to try it so badly I bit the bullet and bought it :) When I got it, I did think it was a bit too small for the price but I get good payoff just by dipping the brush in, hardly used up any product so far. Hopefully the product lasts long so makes it a bit more worth it.

      Delete

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig