Tuesday 8 May 2012

American Apparel Nails - Neon Yellow


I've been looking for a neon yellow nail polish since seeing Alesha Dixon's nails on BGT, her neon yellow was so vibrant and looked great on her. I'm not quite sure what brand she was wearing though...my guess is between Illamasqua Rare and AA Neon Yellow. Anyway, I got the AA one but I was quite disappointed with this polish. It's soooo streaky! Takes 3 - 4 coats for opacity. Most of the AA polishes I own have been very opaque...I've never had to use more than 2 coats. Maybe if I had one coat of white polish as a base then I might not have to use that many coats of the neon yellow polish, will have to try that out. Another surprised was that the polish dried to a matte finish (turns out all AA neon polishes dry matte), so you need a top coat to give it shine. Because I had to use so many coats it took a very long time to remove the polish and my nails were slightly stained afterwards. The colour looks amazing in the bottle but I'm not too impressed with this polish otherwise, shame because I like a few of their other neon polish colours.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Loving all shades of yellow polish these days. What a awesomely bright colour:)
    Sara xx http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig