Monday 14 May 2012

Topshop Blush - Prime Time & Flush




I've been impressed with Topshop's beauty range, in particular their nail polishes and lipsticks. So of course being a blush addict, I had to try their blushes! No surprises there! Their blushes are all cream to powder finishes and come in a cute white with black polka dot compact that also comes with a mirror. I decided to get Prime Time and Flush. For swatches, continue reading :)

I generally prefer powder blushes because I find that it last longer and looks better on my combination skin. That's why I really like these Topshop blushes because it looks and feels like a cream blush but blend out to a powder finish! Perfect.


L-R: Prime Time and Flush

I just adore the packaging, love anything polka dots and the white packaging is different and distinguishable from other brands. The compact feels sturdy as well and when it's shut, it's shut.


L-R: Prime Time and Flush
Prime Time - bright candy pink colour, no shimmer
Flush - peachy coral, almost like a soft rose gold when blended out, no shimmer

I like to apply cream blushes by swirling my finger once or twice and then dabbing 3 dots along my cheekbones, starting from the lowest point to the top. Then I either blend it out with my fingers or use a stippling or blush brush. I would suggest that if you don't have perfect skin or have large pores then it might be better to apply primer before using these blushes to give your skin a smoother surface to work with, just because I find that the blushes tend to gather in pores... at least in my experience anyway. Staying power is around 4-5 hours and the blushes are definitely buildable.

L-R: Prime Time and Flush
L-R: Prime Time and Flush
Overall, I really like these! I like the colour payoff and the way it blends out smoothly. I prefer 'Flush' on my skintone but Prime Time is a lovely colour as well. At £6.00 a pop, this is pretty affordable (even more affordable if you can get student discount!). It's quick and easy to use...great for those lazy days! :D
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I really want to try these, they look gorgeous!! I'm yet to try the Topshop makeup range, but I'm sure I'll treat myself next time I'm in store! :)

    http://beautythrill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! I've still not bought anything from Topshop make up yet! Sometimes the stand is a mess and puts me off :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Sometimes the testers are so messy and unappealing! My friend actually bought one first and she highly recommended them, so naturally I had to try them too :)

      Delete
  3. absolutely love these colours1
    thank you for bringing them to my attention :-)
    i am heading into town tomorrow so i will try to have a look at these.
    <3
    Caroline

    www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give them a try! Looks scarily bright in the pan but they are gorgeous colours :)

      Delete
  4. These look lovely :). I've been finding it so hard to find blushes without a ton of glitter in, which I hate! Will definitely have to look into these :)

    www.headlinebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have a look at Illamasqua blushes too if you get the chance, majority of them are matte and super pigmented :)

      Delete
    2. I've never of them, but thank you for the tip! :)

      Delete
    3. No worries, they're one of my favourite makeup brands.

      Delete

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig