Thursday 17 May 2012

Top 5 Favourite Perfumes

L-R: Miss Dior Cherie, Davidoff Cool Water, Givenchy Very Irresistible, Anna Sui Dreams, Chloe


My perfume collection is probably one of my biggest and most favourite beauty-related collections, aside from my blush collection. I have been collecting perfumes since I was 12, some of which I bought and some that were gifts. Over the years, this collection has just grown and I've lost count of how many I own because I have some with me in London, some in Hong Kong and some in Nigeria...but I reckon it's definitely over 30. For this post, I've picked out my Top 5 favourite perfumes of all time and they are ones that I will repurchase for as long as they still exist.

I'm going to try my best to describe the scents as best I can! Here's a little countdown (I love them all pretty much equally though!):


5. Sui Dreams by Anna Sui (Eau de Toilette)

Sui Dreams by Anna Sui

This was one of the first perfumes I ever bought, I believe my cousin had it and I fell in love with the scent. It's a very feminine oriental fragrance with blends of floral, citrus, vanilla, woody and musky scents - it's very sweet! When I first started buying perfumes, Anna Sui perfumes were one of my favourites! Majority of them smell very sweet, young and girly to me, and I adore their packaging! Sui Dreams is one of my favourite ones from her and this is my second bottle.

4. Cool Water for her by Davidoff (EDT)

Cool Water for her by Davidoff

Also one of the first perfumes I ever used. I remember my best friend had a huge bottle of this when we were younger and every time I was at her place I would spray this. This is very light and fresh, reminds me of the ocean and blue skies (is that weird?). It has an overall fruity and woody scent. I love this for Spring/Summer!


3. Very Irresistible by Givenchy (EDT)

Very Irresistible by Givenchy

I think the name for this perfume is absolutely spot on - I find this so irresistible and oozes femininity! It has very strong floral and fruity scent that you can smell for miles! I prefer this for nights out or special occasions because I find it's a bit too strong for every day wear. 


2. Miss Dior Cherie by Dior (EDP)

Miss Dior Cherie

I LOVE THIS PERFUME! It's also a very strong sweet fragrance, with hints of sweet popcorn, strawberries, jasmine ...all kinds of fruity floral musky goodness! I would wear this all year round, day and night - just smells amazing! Being an Eau de Parfum, it lasts ages on the skin. I've had this for so long, I've lost the bow ring that comes with the bottle cap! I'm due a new one soon as this is obviously almost finished.

Drum roll please...

1. Chloe by Chloe (EDP)

Chloe

This is my signature scent! I wore this so much for the first 2 years of purchasing this, my friends pretty much associated me with this scent. I'm already on my second bottle! It's another very feminine seductive floral scent but yet quite light and fresh as the day goes on, and lasts ages on the skin. I love this for everyday use and I even have it stored in my handy Travalo so I can carry it around with me.


So there you have it, my all time Top 5 favourite perfumes! They are mostly very strong, sweet and feminine as that's what I typically go for. My most used ones are Davidoff Cool Water, Miss Dior Cherie and Chloe. Hope you enjoyed this post, now I'm off to get rid of this headache that has suddenly appeared from smelling all these perfumes!


What is your favourite perfume?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I have Anna Sui Dreams too, and I've nearly finished my second bottle! Definitely one of my favourites; I think it's lovely for Spring/Summer.
    My other favourite perfume has to be Guerlain Insolence. It's quite a heavy scent, but it's gorgeous, especially for a night out :).

    Well done for describing the scents so well by the way; I reckon that was quite difficult!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out the Guerlain one, don't think I've smelled it before.

      Haha I tried! :)

      Delete
  2. I love perfume so much. This thing I can't live without. But I have never use this Sui Dreams by Anna Sui. I am very interested in trying it. Thanks for this. :)

    pheromone advantage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Hope you like Sui Dreams once you've tried it :)

      Delete

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig