Saturday 12 May 2012

Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer SPF20 in Sand


On hot summer and lazy days, tinted moisturizer is the way to go for me just because it feels lighter on the skin, helps to even out my skintone and is simply just quick. I got into tinted moisturizer last summer when I gave E.L.F Tinted Moisturiser a go and although it's much cheaper and does an okay job coverage-wise, I knew I always wanted to try the ever popular Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer. My flatmate was lovely enough to buy me a Selfridges giftcard for Christmas, so when the time came to spend it, I knew what I wanted to spend it on. Continue reading to see my thoughts on this :)

The Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20 is a sheer, lightweight, buildable foundation that is ideal for oily/combination skin. I am the colour 'Sand' and I would say it's a very good colour match for me, although it might be a tad light when I'm tanned. After I've moisturized my face (in my opinion the TM does not give enough hydration so I use moisturizer beforehand), I use about a pea-sized amount for my entire face and neck, starting from the centre of my face and outwards. In terms of how I apply it, I switch between using my Sigma F80 and my fingers. I prefer using my fingers just because it's quicker. I find that the TM instantly reduces any redness in my skin, however I still use concealer on my acne scars just to give it more coverage and then as a habit I like to set everything with a powder. By doing so, it keeps me matte for longer and after about 5-6 hours or more, my skin is more of a dewy glowy look. 


In comparison to the E.L.F. TM, the Laura Mercier TM is slightly runnier and hence feels lighter on the skin while both give the same amount of coverage, in my experience. I prefer the Laura Mercier one to E.L.F's in terms of application and coverage. There's of course the huge price difference as well!

Overall, I'm loving this product and I'm constantly reaching for it when I just need a light coverage - I couldn't ask for more from a tinted moisturizer! However, one negative about this in my opinion is the price... at £33.00, it's really a big splurge! For that reason, I'm not entirely sure I would re-purchase this but who knows! Let's see how long this product lasts and whether I still love it as much once I'm done with it...time will tell!


What's your favourite tinted moisturizer?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. i love this product, too bad it slightly oxidize on my face.. but i still like it though..
    anyway, i'm giving you a blog award for you, check it out <3
    http://www.lalaluna.net/2012/08/blogger-award-versatile-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed it does slightly oxidise on my too but only when I use too much, still love it though!
      Thank you very much! :)

      Delete

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig