Thursday 10 May 2012

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque



The Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque is one of the most popular products in the Queen Helene range, very popular and raved about throughout the Youtube and blogging community for a few years now. So I thought I'd finally give it a try and see if it lives up to the hype!


The Mint Julep Masque is an original natural home treatment that was developed by a dermatologist. It claims to help dry up pimples, clear blackheads and shrink enlarged pores. Great for most skin types, especially oily/combination skin and acne prone skin. The mask is a mint green colour, smells like mint toothpaste/chewing gum and is thick in consistency.




The product applies very smoothly on to the skin (I usually use my fingers or sometimes a little plastic spatula applicator). It has a slight tingly feeling and cooling effect when on the skin, that might need a bit of getting used to but didn't bother me too much. Generously apply the product on to clean face and neck, allow to dry and harden for about 15 - 20 minutes, rinse off with warm water and a towel, then continue with rest of skincare routine. 




I try to use this product at least once a week and usually after steaming my face. I find that by steaming the face first and opening up the pores, it allows the mask to really draw out all the impurities and it leaves the skin refreshed and smooth. In terms of its claims, I don't have that many breakouts so I can't say if it helps with drying up acne pimples (I reckon it probably does), but it does help to reduce my blackheads (especially on my nose and forehead) and it also did help to shrink my pores. 


I believe Queen Helene products are more readily available (and probably a bit cheaper) in the US but I got this from Amazon (UK) for about £5 - £6, here. I can see what all the hype is about - it's a great mask to try out and it's very affordable, comes with a lot of product and lives up to its claims!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Queen Helene Skincare. Mint Julep Masque. Mint Julep Masque is the original
    natural home treatment to help dry up pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink ...
    Queen Helene Hair Products

    ReplyDelete

© BEAUTY BY CARMZ. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig